Habitat for Humanity of Central Iowa, Ames, is seeking an experienced leader for their Construction Manager position with this growing volunteer-based housing ministry. HFHCI builds and renovates houses in partnership with the community. We provide opportunities for families in need to purchase their own homes and improve their lives.
The construction manager position is an independent contractor position and would be responsible for thecoordination of Habitat’s construction projects in accordance with design, budget, and schedule. Must be able to instruct subcontractor, volunteers, construction staff, and homeowners on site through all phases of construction. This position requires a strong construction background as well as an out-going personality with a strong commitment to the mission and purpose of Habitat for Humanity of Central Iowa.
- Minimum of 3 years of residential or commercial construction management experience. Construction Management degree preferred.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to take ownership and build great relationships and contacts
- Ability to read and interpret documents, manuals, construction plans
- Ability to speak to vendors, subcontractors, volunteers
- A strong leader and communicates well with others
- A valid driver’s license
- Independent contractor’s license
- Must be able to lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
Typical workweek: Hours can be flexible. Approximately 20 hours a week.
Experience in nonprofit work, fund raising, faith-based organizations and business management is preferred. Salary is based on qualifications.
Submit application (found at www.hfhci.org), cover letter and resume to:
HFH of Central Iowa, 3504 Grand Ave., Ames, IA 50010-6173 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for submitting applications is April 23, 2021.